Open Class (OC)
Open Class (OC) Information - Open to all to enter.
The information below gives you an idea on all of the different Departments you can enter. You can now enter online. We recommend that you print the sections you are interested in, so that when you go to enter on-line you have all of the code numbers in front of you.
2023 Updates on Open Class Still Life
Show off your hard work! Enter one or more of our competitive categories below and compete for a ribbon.
The Evergreen State Fair is a celebration of all things Washington – including its rich livestock and agriculture heritage. Each year, Fair-goers prepare more than 30,000 entries to compete at the Evergreen State Fair. Here you will find information such as how to enter, entry deadlines, competition results and more.
The Fair’s competitive events are grouped into departments. Rules, schedules and entry forms for each department are printed in their respective premium book section. Use the menu below to select your area of interest.
We encourage everyone to enter online. The Exhibitor Handbook sections containing all of the information on how, what and when to enter your projects into the 2023 Fair are on-line. Print the sections you are interested in so you have all of the code numbers in front of you to register your entries on-line
View the link to review the information in PDF (Adobe Acrobat) format. If the sections don’t open or display properly, you may need to update your Adobe Reader.
For these Open Class departments only, If you cannot enter on-line, you may still enter your items on the department’s specific walk in entry dates: General Agriculture, Baking, Food Preservation, Food Contests, Honey, all Decorative Arts, Handspinning and Floriculture
- Department G - Homemade Beverages (PDF) - Entries close 7/28/23 & Walk-up entries taken 7/30 & 7/31
- Department L - /documentcenter/view/5738/general-ag-oc-2022 /documentcenter/view/5738/general-ag-oc-2022 General Agriculture (PDF) - Entries close online 8/19/23 & Walk-up entries taken 8/23/23.
- Department N - Baking (PDF) - Entries close online 8/15/23 & Walk-up entries taken 8/21/23.
- Department O - Food Preservation (PDF) - Entries close online 8/17/23 & Walk-up entries taken 8/21/23.
- Department P - Honey (PDF) - Entries close online 8/17/23 & Walk-up entries taken 8/19/23.
- Department Q1 - Deco Arts - Sewing (PDF) - Entries close online 8/9/23 & Walk-up entries taken 8/11 & 8/12
- Department Q2 - Deco Arts - /documentcenter/view/5764/needle-arts-oc-2022 /documentcenter/view/5764/needle-arts-oc-2022 /documentcenter/view/5764/needle-arts-oc-2022 /documentcenter/view/5764/needle-arts-oc-2022 Needle Arts (PDF) /documentcenter/view/5764/needle-arts-oc-2022 /documentcenter/view/5764/needle-arts-oc-2022 - Entries close online 8/9/23 & Walk-up entries taken 8/11 & 8/12
- Department Q3 - Deco Arts - /documentcenter/view/5765/lace-knit-crochet-oc-2022 /documentcenter/view/5765/lace-knit-crochet-oc-2022 /documentcenter/view/614/oc-lace-knit-and-crochet /documentcenter/view/614/oc-lace-knit-and-crochet /documentcenter/view/614/oc-lace-knit-and-crochet Lace, Crochet and Knit (PDF) - Entries close online 8/9/23 & Walk-up entries taken 8/11 & 8/12
- Department R - Handspinning, Weaving and Basketry (PDF) - Entries close online 8/9/23 & Walk-up entries taken 8/11 & 8/12
- Department S - Floriculture (PDF) (all 4 shows) Entries close online 8/20 & Walk-up and enter on: Show 1= 8/23 & 8/24; Show 2 = 8/26 & 8/27; Show 3= 08/30 & 8/31; Show 4 = 09/01 & 09/02
- Department W - Photography (PDF) - Entries close online 8/5/23 & Walk-up entries taken 8/13/23
- Department X - Crafts and Hobbies (PDF) - Entries close online 8/5/23 & Walk-up entries taken 8/11 & 8/12
- Department Z - includes the American Heritage Display (PDF) Entries close 8/20/23.
- Department V - Fine Arts (PDF) - Entries close online 8/08/23 & Walk-up entries taken 8/11 & 8/12
- Department Z - Non-Animal Educational Displays (PDF) - /documentcenter/view/620/oc-livestock-educational-display A /documentcenter/view/620/oc-livestock-educational-display nimal Educational Display (PDF) Entries close online 8/16/23 & Walk-up entries taken 8/19/23 until 5pm; OC Animals please register by 8/16 entries brought in by 8/31 10am.
- (You must enter on-line for your Ed Display - only accepting On-Line Entries)
2022 OC Livestock Full Handbook - Livestock Handbook (PDF)
- Department A - Dairy Cattle (PDF) - be sure to download and fill out the W9 form Below - Entries close 8/15/23.
- Department B - Beef Cattle Beef Cattle (PDF) - be sure to download and fill out the W9 form Below
- Instate Entries close 7/31/23; Late entries and out of state 8/02/23.
- Department C - Swine plus Sow and Litter Display (PDF) - be sure to download and fill out the W9 form below.
- The Sow and Litter Display Entries close 8/01/23 Swine Entries close 8/20/23
- Department D - Sheep (PDF) - be sure to download and fill out the W9 form - Entries close 8/11/23.
- Department E - Wool (PDF) - Entries close 8/11/23
- Department F - Dairy and Pygmy Goats
- Dairy Goats (PDF) - Entries close 8/11/23
- Pygmy Goats (PDF) - Entries close 8/18/23
- Department H - Rabbits (PDF) Rabbits and Cavies - Entries close 8/13/23
- Department I - Poultry (PDF) - Entries close 8/22/23
- Department J - Alpaca and Llamas Alpaca and Llamas (PDF) - Entries Close 8/15/23
- Department K - Granges (PDF) - Mail in and Online entries close 7/01/23
- Department M - Forages (PDF) - Entries close online 8/23/23 and Walk-up entries taken 8/24/23
- Department T - Cats (PDF) - Entries close 8/23/23
- Department Y - Draft Horses (PDF), Clydesdale - be sure to download and fill out the W9 form below - Entries close 7/31/23.
*W9 Tax Form (PDF) needed for Large Animal exhibitors (must file even if not a business - just check US Resident - Individual in Step 1.)